CollectionDX Network

Recent comments

• I recall somebody mentioning something like each vehicle being released individually under the old SoP line which would've been cool (also easier to collect for someone who doesn't want to blow 500 dollars in one go) but also would've made the consider this.

But such as it is...it's only slightly more expensive than the GX-50 in the aftermarket.

Tetsuryu   2 days 8 hours ago
  • First of all, James and Lars look like they did back in the 90s, not today. But they include Robert Trujillo as he looks now. Kirk has the hair of the old day, but the goatee of the modern day.

They had better make a Cliff Burton and Jason Newstead, in era-appropriate attire

JoshB   3 days 16 hours ago
  • HG Geirail

I never thought of the shield that way initially, but now I can't look at it any differently! It IS a frying pan!

quinncat   4 days 7 hours ago
  • HG Geirail

Good review! My first thought on sight was that it looks like an alternate version of the Nemo, perhaps what the Nemo would be in IBO. Everything's cool except the ax. As you said, those hollows make it look like a fancy frying pan.

Optimal III   4 days 9 hours ago
  • HG Geirail

Anyone have any thoughts about the Geirail?

quinncat   1 week 4 days ago
  • HG Helmwige Reincar

Thanks! Yeah, I think the legs are skinny just because the grimgerde's are! It is fitting however!

quinncat   1 week 4 days ago
  • HG Helmwige Reincar

I like it. The color scheme and the horns remind me of the SAR mobile suits from Gundam X. Only thing that caught me off guard was how skinny the legs are from behind, but that fits the style of the show.

Good review!

Optimal III   1 week 4 days ago
  • HG Helmwige Reincar

Anyone like/dislike the color scheme? Also, I apologize but the beginning of the review is in the thumbnail!

quinncat   1 week 5 days ago
  • Type-00R Takemikazuchi

He has one (that used to be mine)

SpaceRunaway   1 week 5 days ago
  • Type-00R Takemikazuchi

Hey, just wondering where you got the info about the Rafale mount pylons as I was considering purchasing one. Thanks!

OktoStratos   2 weeks 4 hours ago
  • I would not feel comfortable spending this kind of money on a robot with as intricate a transformation as Combattler V without having read half a dozen positive reviews beforehand.

Granted, I don't tend to spend that kind of money sight unseen to begin with.

TimF   2 weeks 4 days ago
  • Voltron

this is very much appreciated http://www.egirlsindubai.com/

aliyakhan0073   3 weeks 10 hours ago
  • Nice but really expensive!

Germanicus   3 weeks 2 days ago
  • A bit late but i just got the japanese dx King Pyrimada. Are you sure its the same as the us version? Mine has a sandy plastic with black specs all over (like Won Tiger).

Roanstalker   3 weeks 3 days ago
  • I'm still miffed that I had to pick between meeting Tohru Furuya and watching MIQ perform a few years ago at AWA. Thanks for the interview though! It's quite enjoyable and insightful.

Dkun   3 weeks 3 days ago
  • Jango Fett's Slave 1

This was a great review.
    I never owned the original/POTF/SOTE Slave-1. Back when AOTC came out I just assumed this was the same version just repainted. But I do recall seeing it in the shops and thought it looked really nice, same with the Jedi Starfighter.
    When I find one of these and the Jedi Starfighter at a good price I am going to try and get them.

Mark M   4 weeks 6 days ago
  • Oh, I don't chase vintage, so the Jumbo Grip G-4 has always been a dream. And I missed out on the Fewture sets when they came out (and quickly disappeared). I never thought I'd see a re-release, much less one where I could get just the vehicle I want. I am all over this! I'll finally own a nice G-4.

japester   5 weeks 3 days ago
  • Convobat

I may have made the same hip mistake with Mindwipe.

Heavyarms   5 weeks 4 days ago
  • Convobat

Yeah, I don't think anyone will know a longing sensation if they pass on this. I am glad his hips work though. I was so disappointed at first when I had them backwards. Seems to be an easy mistake to make too, because I've seen plenty of pics where he's bow-legged.

Optimal III   5 weeks 4 days ago
  • Convobat

Yeah, I had this on pre-order but then I got the original Mindwipe figure and cancelled. I just wasn't comfortable paying 70+ bucks on this figure simply because it tickled my Beast Wars fancy.

Heavyarms   5 weeks 5 days ago
  • Lin Setsu A

I just started thunderbolt fantasy yesterday! I'm glad it kind of just started, because I wouldn't want to start pili, considering how long it is!

quinncat   6 weeks 2 days ago
  • Good Knight

No problem at all. I always thought it was based on the Mercedes 540k from the 1940s (which is one of the cars that inspired Red Skull's cars in the Capt. America movie.)

Heavyarms   6 weeks 4 days ago
  • Good Knight

Oh ok! I assumed that considering zero, tux, loco, bolt and others were actually older vehicles, that this guy would be too! Thank you

quinncat   6 weeks 5 days ago
  • Good Knight

Good Knight's car mode is actually based on the Excalibur Roadster (which was, in turn, designed to evoke a 1920s-era Mercedes roadster) that was built between 1965 and 1995.

A lot of online sources I see say that it is based on the Series III model which was built between 1975-79, but that version has three exhaust pipes behind the spare tire holder. The Series IV was built between 1980-84 and has two exhaust pipes just like Good Knight and it was a 1985 Gobot. (But the Machine Robo may have been designed before then, I don't know.)

Excalibur. Good KNIGHT. Get it?

Heavyarms   6 weeks 5 days ago
  • Good Knight

This reminds me, anyone have a machine robo figure they wish action toys would make a modern version of? Mine was spay c but that is getting made, so now it's probably crasher

quinncat   6 weeks 5 days ago