CollectionDX Network

Recent comments

• Slithe

He was the leader of the mutants. I can't remember the exact arrangement they had with Mumm-Ra though but it's safe to assume he was not their leader, at last not until they arrived on Third Earth. It's been a while since I watched the show.

Tetsuryu   3 days 21 hours ago
  • Triggerhappy

Triggerhappy really is a great figure.  I was lucky enough to find him in a shop here, Home Bargains, for £8. :D  I really love his transformation, but what I really love about these rcent Transformers is that they are very faithful recreations of the G1 toy and cartoon chaarcters.

Mark M   1 week 2 hours ago
  • Back in August 1989 when I was four years old I got this toy on holiday in England from Woolworths.

Although my version oif the toy had grey arms and legs like the picture on the box.

Very fun toy that I kept for many years and joined in on many epic Transformers battles.

Thanks for posting a great review of this toy.

Although this toy always reminded me of was Thundercats, as that day in the shop I had the chance to get a Thundercats Driller figure but I decided to get the cool looking robot as I thought I would get Driller eventually another time.  Ironically Driller was the one Thundercats toy I never seen in any shop here in Northern Ireland.

Mark M   1 week 2 hours ago
  • Really nice Ko's Too bad about the insignia's. it looks like it would be hard to cover up. or remove.

Although I'm no mod expert.

But I could see this being a modder's dream.

to make your own team etc.

great review

kidchuckle   1 week 1 day ago
  • Gorn

It's not the gorn figure itself, it's the Mego reboot line in general. Many people cite poor face sculpts, and just a general out of touch attitude with the line.

JoshB   1 week 4 days ago
  • The Beta actually has alternate hand weapons (drills and claws instead) and a different cockpit! but yeah. line has a lot of very very mild remolds.

Rankarana   1 week 5 days ago
  • Gorn

What don’t people like about this Gorn figure?

quinncat   2 weeks 1 hour ago
  • Crosshairs

I'd say this toy is not bad. Worth picking up for anyone who's a fan of the movies and/or missed the previous figure.

Optimal III   5 weeks 7 hours ago
  • Crosshairs

What do you guys think about this, is the last knight crosshairs worth buying such a similar figure from the first release just with some admittedly major improvements but at a (sometimes) higher price?

quinncat   5 weeks 1 day ago
  • Dreadwind

I’d have to agree dreadwind is pretty good for $15, and I think the prime armor is just fine, I will say the weapon gimmick in the upcoming siege line I like a lot more

quinncat   5 weeks 1 day ago
  • Beast King GoLion

Nice review. And very cool. I was already thinking about the Ninja & Shogun Megazord sets that are coming, but I may have to grab this one too.

Optimal III   6 weeks 1 day ago
  • Dreadwind

I like Dreadwind through & through. I wish he came with matching guns, but otherwise, he's solid. And yeah, the Prime armor isn't fantastic in execution, but it's fun.

Optimal III   6 weeks 1 day ago
  • Cheers for making the McFarlane comparison. That's what I call being thorough.

I have the McF version but not the Funko. Like you, I found they didn't look great in the package (save Bird Person). Nice to know they improve upon being freed. Snowball would have been the main reason for me buying the set. I lucked out and found the "You Shall Now Call Me Snowball" building set for $9 at Walmart on clearance. I still see it for that price or a little bit more online. So that may be an option for those not wanting the rest.

I do like that the McF Snowball has more poseable arms and legs.

japester   8 weeks 7 hours ago
  • Voltes V

I'm glad you got it and liked it!

The next release is expected to be Daltanious.

NekroDave   8 weeks 5 days ago
  • Voltes V

My friend! I just received Voltes V from Alan. The packing was impeccable. The condition of the box museum-worthy. Discovering the features and details of the packaging and Voltes V himself is totally that same feels I had when 9yo me received DX Dynarobo from my grandparents in Japan.
    Oh my goodness.
    Oh my goodness.

TheJud   8 weeks 6 days ago
  • Slash

Yeah she c a n be kind of hard to stand in her alt mode, but I’d agree with you she is pretty different from her peers and is a really great little figure, I’m really glad she’s getting a decepticon repaint!

Also if you’ve played as duo in Gundam battle assault 2 you’ll get the joke on the subject :)

quinncat   9 weeks 1 day ago
  • Misfire

Thanks for telling me! I went there a couple days ago and got overlord for $20! I’ll probably go back and see if they have twin twist and windblade because $8 is such a steal for both of them!

quinncat   9 weeks 1 day ago
  • Misfire

If you weren't aware, Ollie's is now selling a lot of stuff they got from TRU. If you haven't already, check your locals. They're selling TR-deluxes at mine for $7.99, and basically everything TR for 50% off original retail.

Optimal III   9 weeks 1 day ago
  • Slash

I'm a fan of hers too. It'd be nice if she was easier to stand in alt mode, but otherwise she's great. Definitely different from the other wave one Legends in POTP.

Optimal III   9 weeks 1 day ago
  • Voltes V

Great review! I'm a huge Maize fan because of you. I have both Toysmen Series 001 and 002, and just placed my 3rd order with Alan! Any word on what 004 might be???

TheJud   9 weeks 3 days ago
  • Lowlife

Very cool. Immediately made me think of baby commando from Captain Commando.

Optimal III   11 weeks 1 day ago
  • The cards are a rather odd addition - but they also remind me of the old Mego bridge playset that had swappable cards for the viewscreen. Add-ons for a future release, perhaps?

Tetsuryu   11 weeks 2 days ago
  • Tux

Have you (or any reader) ever found a source of replacement tires that fit GoBots? I feel like more often than not the tires are going to be cracked when you find one.

kidnicky   12 weeks 3 hours ago
  • DX Providus

If this guy's punch is hard enough to send zords flying through space & time, then imagine how effective it would be at killing monsters. I mean, look at the size of that fist! Lol

Scarfang_The_Slayer   12 weeks 22 hours ago
  • Nice. I think we definitely need all these. We're all clown, all the time lately and I just got the NECA Pennywise as well as circling back to get one of the Amok Time Killer Klowns that I never got when they came out. Too bad about the Ben figure though. He was definitely one of the better characters in the movie and the figure's intense facial expression doesn't really reflect who he was.

NekroDave   12 weeks 1 day ago